|Address:||800 E Cypress Dr, Pembroke Pines, FL 33025, USA|
|Monday:||Open 24 hours|
|Tuesday:||Open 24 hours|
|Wednesday:||Open 24 hours|
|Thursday:||Open 24 hours|
|Friday:||Open 24 hours|
|Saturday:||Open 24 hours|
|Sunday:||Open 24 hours|
I work here it's a dangerous place to work but I have all my experience needed as a behavioral nurse
I want to note that I have never been here, but I do work in Psychiatric Care. Most reviews are written by angry people. Unfortunately, that may deter some from getting help they need in what could be a life or death situation.
Rules about any psychiatric ER:
1) Waiting time is based on the acuity of your symptoms. Someone with Brief Psychotic Disorder will likely be seen before someone with Suicidal Ideation. Someone with high acuity and major behavioral symptoms is going to be seen before someone with minor acuity and low risk of major behavioral symptoms.
2) Lack of funding for State Mental Health facilities means lack of beds. Unfortunately it also means lack of staff. You will probably not be attended to in the waiting area unless you are actively in Crisis. This is due to behavioral management being unsafe without proper ratio.
3) If staff have active restraints occuring (which is highly likely due to the volatile nature of any psych eval area) there are an average of three direct care workers and two nurses taken away from the floor. This means it will take longer for on task patients to be seen.
4) If you see staff talking during shift change, they are debriefing the events from the previous shift. This is to best treat patients, and to ensure the safety of staff. You do not want to walk into any patients direct vicinity without knowing their diagnosis, whether or not they are appropriately medicated, whether or not they have a history of HI or Violence, and also whether or not they are self medicating.
5) Detoxing patients commit the majority of assaults in any hospital setting. This particularly pertains to Alcohol and Stimulants. Most assaults in America occur in hospitals, and nurses (and those who look like nurses) are most often the victims. If you are detoxing, you will likely have two or more staff present at any time you are addressed. This is for our safety, not because we are trying to intimidate you.
6) If you can manage your crisis at home with help from a crisis line or a friend or telepsych, please use those resources. You can always go to the ER later. *You should not take up valuable bed space if you do not absolutely need it.*
South Florida State Hospital may offer additional health care support, depending on their availability and your particular needs. If you have immediate questions, inquiries, or medical needs relating directly to South Florida State Hospital you may reach out to them at their Hollywood location in Florida at 954-392-3000.
The NPI Number for South Florida State Hospital is 1447422928. The current location address for South Florida State Hospital is 800 E Cypress Dr, , Pembroke Pines, Florida and the contact number is 954-392-3000 and fax number is 954-392-3041. The mailing address for South Florida State Hospital is 1317 Winewood Blvd, Building 6, Room 237 ...
South Florida State Hospital 800 East Cypress DrPembroke Pines, FL 33025 (954) 392-3000 (954) 392-3499 341 State of Florida Joint Commission . BACKGROUND: Correct Care was selected by the Department of Children and Families in 1998 to operate South Florida State Hospital, the first in the nation to be completely privatized.
Get directions, reviews and information for South Florida State Hospital in Pembroke Pines, FL. ... (954) 392-3000. Claim this business (954) 392-3000.
Services South Florida State Hospital is a Hospital, clinic, emergency, medicine, doctor, ER, ICU, hospital room, hospital ward, nurse, doctor, physician, treatment facility Please call South Florida State Hospital at (954) 392-3000 to schedule an appointment in Hollywood, FL or get more information.
South Florida State Hospital Doctoral Psychology Internship Program. South Florida State Hospital, a 350 bed state psychiatric hospital, has an internship program that is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA), and is a member of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC).
We made it back safely # hurricanerelief # nurselife ????????⚕️ Thank you to South Florida State Hospital for their professionalism and services, it was the most humbling experience. They couldn't have selected a better set of folks to go up there.
South Florida State Hospital became the nation's first comprehensive privately managed public mental health facility in November 1998. The hospital's non-institutional atmosphere not only improves the mental healthcare experience for patients and their families, but also plays an integral role in treatment and recovery.
View contact info, business hours, full address for South Florida State Hospital in Pembroke Pines, FL 954-392-3000. Whitepages is the most trusted online directory.
(954) 392-3000. Correct Care South Florida State Hospital. ... Senapati is affiliated with Correct Care South Florida State Hospital. Experience Years Experience: Not ...